Hi! My name is Sierra. I run and I enjoy it most of the time.
I’ve been doing this for about 7 (or is it 9?!) years, starting with 5k’s and currently at half-marathons. I haven’t yet graduated to marathons.
My site is all about running, fitness, health, food and anything else that I feel like talking (typing?) about.
1. I’m a runner. I started long distance running because my freshman of high school, my coach made me a hurdler. The only way out of hurdling would be to join the distance team. I had no idea what I was getting into, but 7 years later and I’m still doing it.
3. I work in IT. Every time I tell someone this they decide to be shocked. Most often I get the response, “You work in IT?”. Yes I do, and I love it. No, I don’t spend my days starting at a computer screen (unless I want to). I’ve gotten an opportunity to do some really awesome things and working in IT is so much more expansive than people think. Plus, I get to use a lot of new technologies that haven’t been released yet. What can be cooler than that?
4. I love fashion. So many runners I know always talk about how they own nothing but running clothes, but I’m the total opposite. I have a couple running outfits that are my holy grail, and I tend to never replace my running clothes because I grow to love them so much (hence why I still race in Under Armour pants I’ve had since I was 14). I’ll walk into a J. Crew over a Dick’s Sporting Goods any day.
5. I love my dog. Yes, everyone loves their dog, but I’m including this as a warning for everyone- a lot of my posts will include photos of my pup, or will speak about him. He’s my peanut butter to my jelly.
6. I read. A lot. Got any book suggestions? I’ll pay you if you suggest a book I haven’t read. Kidding, but really- it’s a passion of mine. Someone at my gym once made me a book holder for the treadmill, which was so nice and therefore I didn’t want to admit to him that I find it impossible to run while reading.
And feel free to follow my professional Twitter account: @SierraGratale, and connect with me on LinkedIn!